Dance Manchester’s ‘Urban Moves’ is a FREE international dance festival showcasing; incredible, unpredictable, outdoor dance performances. Since 2005, it has played host to the best artists from across Europe, performing a variety of styles, including; improvised capoeira, traditional Indian kathak, daring acrobatics, b-boying, contemporary dance & even bmx biking, along with a whole host of suprises!
Urban Moves International Dance Festival was first established by Dance Manchester & MIA, in 2005. This inaugural outdoor dance event laid the foundations for what would soon become a national trend… when professional contemporary dance performances break out of theatres & spill onto the streets. Watch the highlights video below to relive this inspiring day of dance!
What happened on the day?
- 15 artists split between Cathedral Gardens & Piccadilly Gardens
- Incredible, inspiring, international dance performances spanning from 12-6pm
- FREE brochures, posters & timetables
- Vibrant, cultural atmosphere at two iconic Manchester locations
- Live interactive tweeting throughout the day with @ManchesterDance
- Tweeted music suggestions using #Headphones for the Corey Baker performance
- Free all day fun for all the family.
- Photo competition: Tweet your photos using, #UrbanMoves. The best photos we received will be published in the upcoming issue of ‘Dance MCR Magazine’